Frazier History Museum Auction Rules
GENERAL AUCTION RULES
1. Each bidder assumes all risks and hazards related to the auction and items obtained at the auction. Each bidder agrees to hold harmless from any liability arising there from Frazier Museum, its elected and appointed officials, members and employees, the auctioneer(s), the event organizers, sponsors, and/or volunteers connected with the auction.
2. The "bank" will open at 7:45 P.M. Payment by the successful bidder may be made at any time during the event.
3. Payment in full is mandatory this evening. You may pay in cash, check, VISA, or MasterCard. Items may be removed only by showing a "paid" receipt obtained from the "bank." Make checks payable to "Frazier Museum."
4. All auction items are subject to Kentucky sales tax of 6% which will be added to all auction items at checkout.
5. We request that all items be removed the night of the auction, unless otherwise indicated.
6. All items must be claimed or arrangements must be made for items to be claimed by October 31, 2017. Items not claimed by said date, will be offered to the bidder with the next highest bid.
7. All items are sold "as is." Frazier History Museum neither warrants nor represents, and shall in no event be responsible for the correctness of the descriptions, authenticity, authorship, provenance, or condition of the property. No statement written or made orally at the sale or elsewhere shall be deemed a warranty, representation, or assumption of liability. Items have not been appraised.
8. All sales are final. No exchange or refund on any auc-tion item.
9. Frazier History Museum reserves the right to withdraw any item prior to bidding.
10. Advance, sealed bids for silent auction items must be received in writing by Frazier Museum, 829 West Main Street, Louisville, KY 40202 by 12 noon, Thursday, October 5, 2017. “In writing” may be communicated by regular mail, fax, or e-mail. The bidder’s name, address, phone number and cash, check, or credit card authorization must accompany the bid.
SILENT AUCTION RULES
1. Print your phone number next to the bid amount on the bid sheet for your desired item.
2. All bids must be higher than the stated opening bid amount.
3. You may skip ahead to the bid amount you want to pay. The next bidder must bid higher than you to be suc-cessful.
4. Each item has a "Guaranteed Purchase" option at the bottom of its bid sheet. "Guaranteed Purchase" means that if you are willing to pay the listed premium price, the item is yours! Simply write your phone number by the predetermined price to close the item from further bidding.
5. Silent auction will close at 7:45 P.M. The closing bid, certified by an Auction Official, will constitute the winning bid. Winning bids will be announced and posted at each auction item.
6. Silent Auction items may be claimed and paid for at the table where it was displayed upon presentation.