Toilet Paper, Elevators, Exit Signs. Everything’s got a story!
Our friends from The Thomas Edison House will join us for a fun day, and we’ll have a lot of great activities for learning about the history of objects you might have never considered.
11am - 1pm Yolanda "Yo Yo" Baker, also known as the Go Go Grandma, maker of sparkling disco balls here at Louisville's Omega National products, for almost 50 years will give a presentation on her craft. We will be giving away a Disco Ball to one of our lucky visitors!
We will be debuting our new initiative, the Quarterly Grandparent's Lounge. Grandparents and those in their care will be invited to relax, take light refreshments, and engage in some quiet event-themed activities.
Second Saturday Activities include:
- Hands-on Thomas Edison station with The Thomas Edison House
- An Everyday Object Scavenger Hunt
- Timeline Challenges (can you put the objects in order by invention date?)
- A White Glove table with strange an unusual objects from the past. Can you guess what they were used for?
- Crafts, live performances and more!
In addition, our January Second Saturday program is offered as a Kindergarten Countdown event. Children entering kindergarten in the fall and one adult are invited to join us FREE of charge to enjoy a fun and engaging day that will also address school readiness skills. For the full calendar of community events click HERE