Guest Services Associate
Posted February 3, 2017.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt / Hourly / Level 6
Position Purpose and Objectives:
Perform sales and customer service duties under the direction of the Operations Supervisor and the Director of Visitor Experience providing all guests with a helpful and welcoming experience.
Essential Job Functions
- Sell merchandise and assure customers’ satisfaction.
- Sell admission to the museum
- Sell tickets to special events, camps, lectures and all other events.
- Work in the museum parking lot – greet all parkers and guest and collect parking fees.
- Answer the museums main phone line and provide information to all callers.
- Maintain cleanliness and orderliness of the store
- Check-out customers and bag merchandise.
- Assist in receiving, stocking and displaying merchandise.
- Perform cashier duties at Customer Service desk.
- Promote and sell memberships.
- Assist all guests to the museum, with an emphasis on excellent customer service.
- Assist in special events or program set-ups, whenever necessary.
- Assist with other duties as directed by Manager, Assistant Manager
- Some retail and or customer service experience.
- A helpful, friendly attitude to welcome and help all guests and your work colleagues.
Expected knowledge, skills and abilities (prime examples, but not all-inclusive):
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor, initiative, confidence and creativity.
- Possesses excellent oral communication skills, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently and complete tasks and projects.
- Demonstrates good judgment and problem-solving abilities.
- Accepts accountability for timely results and attention to detail.
- Is flexible and willing to embrace change/shift priorities on a regular basis.
- Is a team player and committed to the goals and ideals of the Museum.
- Maintains confidential information.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
Working and Physical Conditions
- Generally works in a retail setting during Museum hours but must be available to work flexible/additional hours as needed.
- Typical physical demands include sitting at counter, walking, standing for long periods of time, climbing stairs, hearing, and lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs.
- The position may require occasional travel, including but not limited to trips to acquire supplies, attend events, etc, all of which may at times be outside of and/or in addition to normal working hours.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply, CLICK HERE
Date Posted: February 9 2017
Reports To: Chief Advancement Officer
Summary of Purpose: Responsible for overseeing and managing the daily entry, management, and reporting of key personal and financial data and information into the Raiser’s Edge database in support of all advancement initiatives. Maintain the integrity, security and processing of data, including donor, member and prospect files.
Duties (Essential Functions):
- Enter new constituent information, including gift and pledge information, new and renewing membership data, and prospect and proposal records.
- Produce gift and member acknowledgements, membership cards, and membership renewal notices in a timely and efficient manner.
- Produce constituent mail and e-news lists for advancement and other departments as needed.Create and produce financial and constituent reports for use in reconciliation of gifts and for use in Administrative, Committee and Board reports.
- Ensure that data is updated consistently among and for users and assist Advancement team in accessing pertinent data.
- Assist with the development of a database policies and procedures manual.
- Serve as one of two internal Raiser’s Edge contacts for updates and system management.
- Represent the Frazier Museum in a professional manner in accordance with the American Fundraising Professionals Raising Code of Ethics
- Represent the Frazier Museum at special events as deemed appropriate by your supervisor
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Advancement Officer
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Expert knowledge of Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge or similar software required
- Minimum 3 years of experience using Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Must possess advanced MS Office skills
Expected Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, team environment with highly-developed interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates initiative and is a self-starter
- Highly detail-oriented with a keen ability to troubleshoot data and reporting issues
To apply, CLICK HERE
Security Console Operator
Posted February 1, 2016
Reports To: Manager of Security & Environmental Services
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt / Hourly
The Security Console Operator provides for the protection and safety of all Guests, Staff, Volunteers and Property of the Museum, and is responsible to the Shift Supervisor.
Essential Duties (include, but are not limited to):
- Remains alert and ready to respond at all times.
- Patrols the building, prevents and reports unauthorized or suspicious activities.
- Enforces Museum policies concerning security, safety and preventative fire regulations. Renders assistance to Guests as required.
- Main receiving point for emergency and non-emergency notifications and information and response in a timely manner.
- Prepares appropriate reports in connection with daily activities and incidents; completing and presenting them in a timely manner.
- Provides escorts for the movement of assets as required.
- Participates in scheduled trainings and drills, and reviews Department SOP on a regular basis.
- Is familiar with the Museum’s Layout, to include the location of all tableaux, stairwells, elevators, points of entry and exits, rest rooms, galleries, offices and other commonly utilized reference points. .
- Monitors and interacts as necessary with various electronic security, safety and environmental systems, reporting problems as required.
- Monitors activities throughout the Museum and surrounding area, dispatches officers in response to observed activity as needed.
- Maintains key and access card control and inventory; issues, activates / deactivates access control cards as necessary.
- Maintains awareness of Museum schedule and events; makes appropriate announcements as needed.
- Performs other duties as may be directed or assigned by the Shift Supervisor(s) or Department Manager related to job functions of the security department. These duties include the following tasks: set up and tear down for events (tables and chairs), emergency housekeeping tasks.
- One or two years of security guard experience, preferably in a cultural setting.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent); Associate or Bachelor Degree preferred.
- Knowledge of security operations and electronic security systems.
- Ability to communicate efficiently in the English language.
Additional Abilities and Skills
- Exhibit good public relations, customer service, tact and diplomatic skills.
- Exhibit good problem solving skills; and the ability to exercise good judgment, discretion and function in difficult situations.
- Is a team player and committed to the goals of the Museum.
- To work independent of supervision, within established policies and procedures, and act to enforce such policies when necessary.
- Process, or is capable of processing and maintaining a CPR and First Aid Certification; and to render medical assistance as necessary.
- Maintain a professional image at all times.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule; to include weekends and beyond normal working hours when necessary.
Working and Physical Conditions:
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds; to stand and walk for extended periods of time; to climb stairs; and process and maintain adequate vision and hearing.
To apply, CLICK HERE
Part-time Event Security Staff
Job Type: Part-Time/Non-Exempt/Hourly - $11.25/hour
Part-time Event Security Staff acts as a security officer for the protection and safety of all guests, staff, volunteers and property of the Museum during facility rental events including weddings, corporate and private events. Part-time Event Security Staff also assist with event logistics and the set-up and take-down of tables and chairs as well as some housekeeping duties for events. Part-Time Event Security Staff are responsible to the Senior Manager of Security and Facilities and the Event Logistics and Security Coordinator. Hours are primarily evenings and weekends.
Security Staff duties include, but are not limited to:
- Patrol the building, mainly during events, to prevent and report unauthorized or suspicious activities, enforce Museum policies concerning security, safety and preventative fire regulations.
- Assist with the set-up and teardown of events to include the unfolding, folding and storage of large numbers of tables and chairs.
- Assist with clean up after events.
- Perform emergency housekeeping tasks when required.
- Respond to alarms and any emergency situations.Assist guests with general inquiries and Museum rules, representing the Museum in a courteous, professional and customer service oriented manner; remembering that all staff members are also “ambassadors for the Museum.”
Working and Physical Conditions:
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time; to climb stairs, and process and maintain adequate vision and hearing.
- Able to lift, pull, push and move equipment, supplies, parcels, etc. of up to fifty (50) lbs. throughout the workday.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule; to include mostly evenings and weekends
Required Experience: Minimum 1 year customer service experience
Required Education: High School Diploma (or equivalent); Associate or Bachelor Degree preferred.
To apply, CLICK HERE
For inquiries related to current open positions, please contact Renee Lindsey at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (502) 412-2040