Planning Your Visit
Schedule Your Visit
- Please make reservations a minimum of three weeks in advance.
- A fieldtrip inquiry can be made by completing this form and Donna Simpson, Reservations & Group Sales Coordinator, will contact you to book your visit. You may also call (502) 753-5663 Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. if you have any questions!
- Your reservation is confirmed once you receive official email notification from the Education Department.
Required Chaperone Ratio
- All guided school groups are required to bring a certain number of chaperones to supervise the students. See below for the ratios:
- Grades K-3 = 1 chaperone per 6 students
- Grades 4-8 = 1 chaperone per 8 students
- Grades 9-12 = 1 chaperone per 10 students
- All self-guided visits require a ratio of 1 chaperone per 10 students
- Groups will be charged based on the number of students present on the day of the visit.
- Payment can be made by cash, check or credit card.
- Payment can be made in advance or on the day of your visit.
- Refunds will be made only when overpayment is $15.00 or more above the actual cost of the visit.
An indoor space to eat sack lunches can be reserved for an additional $0.50 cents per person. Availability is limited and advance reservations are required.
School Group Fees
Guided Programs: $7.00 per student, required chaperones are FREE, additional adults are charged at the student rate / 15 student* or $105 minimum
Self-Guided Visits: $6.00 per student, required adults are FREE, additional adults are charged at the student rate / 15 student* or $90 minimum
Groups that do not meet the minimum requirement of 15 students have the option of paying for 15 students in order to qualify for the reduced Education Admission Rate and/or guided program.
Grant Funding for Title One Schools:
Through our “Bridge to History” project we are able to offer FREE guided programs to Title One schools in Kentucky and Indiana. Funding is limited and is allocated for the year on a first come, first serve basis. Limited funding for transportation reimbursement is available for Jefferson County Title One schools. Funding for this project was generously provided by the following donors: UPS Foundation, Louisville Metro Government, Brown-Forman Corporation and William E. Barth Foundation.